Adult Flu Vaccination
Adult Flu clinics have been arranged for Saturday 5th October (patients aged 65 and over only) and Saturday 19th October from
9am - 12pm.
An evening clinic for working patients aged 18-64 years in an “at risk” group below will be held on Monday 28th October between 6pm – 7pm
It is really important that we protect ourselves and those around us by having a flu vaccination before the winter sets in. The following groups of people are entitled to a free vaccination at the surgery.
- Patients aged 65 and over will be offered the recommended Fluad vaccination which provides better protection for older people.
People aged between 18 and 64 will be offered the recommended Quadravalent flu vaccine if they are in a clinical “at risk” group including:-
- Pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy, including women who become pregnant during the flu season)
- Asthma (if you are using a steroid inhaler as well as Ventolin or Salbutamol)
- Chronic Respiratory Disease such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Neurological Disease such as Parkinson’s Disease
- Patients with a low immunity
- Health Care Workers
- Morbidly obese patients
- Registered Carers
If you are unsure if you fall into one of these risk categories please check at the surgery.
Appointments are available to book now so please contact Reception on 01747 860001.
Child Flu Vaccination
Information to be published later in the year when we have been advised of vaccination delivery dates.