Flu clinics this year
Flu clinics will be held in the surgery but we must continue to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Patients must have a pre booked appointment
- Please do not attend before designated appointment time as we will not be able to let you into the building no matter what the weather.
- Patients will be instructed to queue outside the surgery as limited numbers are permitted inside the surgery in order to maintain a safe footfall at all times.
- Please would all patients attending the surgery wear a face mask or covering.
- Please wear short sleeves so that it is easy for you to be ready for your vaccination.
- To enable us to comply with social distancing regulations and to manage our delivery of vaccine, we will only be vaccinating patients in the specified clinics.
This year flu vaccinations will be offered under the NHS flu vaccination programme to the following groups:
- People aged 50 years or over (including those becoming age 50 years by 31 March 2022)
- People living in long-stay residential care homes
- Those who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill
- Close contacts of immune-compromised individuals
- All pregnant women (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season
- Those aged from six months to less than 50 years of age, in a clinical risk group such as those with:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five o chronic liver disease
- chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease,
- learning disability
- splenic dysfunction or asplenia
- a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
- morbidly obese (defined as BMI of 40 and above)
This year we are inviting adults to book their flu appointment via responding to an SMS text message. If you have your mobile number as preferred method of contact, you will receive a text message over the next couple of weeks from Mere Surgery. By clicking the link provided you will asked to confirm your date of birth and then you will be able to select from the drop down menu a date range where you will be able to book into these specific clinics:
- Saturday 9 October
- Saturday 23 October
- Monday 8 November
- Wednesday 10 November
- Tuesday 23 November
- Wednesday 24 November
If you do not have a registered or preferred mobile number with us, please telephone reception to book your appointment after 13 September 2021.
Child flu clinics
We are awaiting final confirmation on these clinics. Please continue to look at our website for further updates