All our Over 80’s patients who wished to have the vaccination have now been booked an appointment. Patients who have received their vaccination have not had any adverse reactions.
We have contacted our Health and Social Care Workers to offer them appointments and have started contacting patients over the age of 75 years who will receive either a letter or text message with details on how to make an appointment.
We are concentrating on vaccinating housebound patients this week, where it is impossible for them to leave home for the vaccine.
We will continue to invite patients in the priority order for Covid-19 vaccinations as set out by the NHS below:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those 75 years of age and over – we are now starting to contact this group of patients
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- All those 65 years of age and over
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at a higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
Please continue to wait to be invited for your Covid-19 vaccination. The vaccine has been arriving with little notice but we anticipate this will improve and we will be able to have appointments released more frequently. As soon as we have confirmation of deliveries and appointments are available to book we will contact you.
Our staff, who are asymptomatic (not showing symptoms) are carrying out the Lateral Flow tests twice a week to ensure we continue to provide a safe environment for our patients visiting the surgery and our colleagues we work alongside.
It is vitally important to keep your contact details up to date by visiting our website and completing the Contact the Practice form, this will help us speed up the process when we need to contact you
Thank you for your patience