Getting your test results
You will receive a notification on Airmid, the patient app, when a new result is filed into your medical record by one of our doctors.
If your test results show that you need more tests or treatment, we will contact you.
Once a doctor has saved your test results, you can view them:
- Use the Airmid patient app or SystmOnline
- Use your NHS account on the NHS App or NHS website
- Phone us on 01747 860 001 or visit us after 11:00am and we will tell you what the results are
- Visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist
- Blood results usually take 2-3 working days, although they can sometimes take considerably longer.
- Urine results take 3 days to return and stool results take 5 days.
- X-ray results are available after 10 days.
- Cervical smears can take 6 weeks for the result.
The receptionists are not trained to interpret results but will pass on information authorised by the doctor. Please be aware this may involve requests for further discussion on the phone or at an appointment.
Please make it your responsibility to ensure you know the results of any investigations that you have had.
The collection service from Salisbury Hospital comes:
- At midday every day
- At the end of the day on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Please ensure that urine samples and stools samples arrive in time. Sample pots are always available at the front desk.
Questions about your results
If you want to talk to someone about your results, please contact the surgery.